Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Got green?

Here we go with another week!  St. Patrick's Day is coming--did you notice that my blog is wearing green?

        
Wednesday 3/2  Joe and C found this green, mint flavored milk at our local dairy.  D drank most of it, though.  It must be whole milk--it leaves a great green mustache!
Thursday 3/3  Yes, this picture is posed, but it is to illustrate the fact that Copper sleeps on the floor right next to me.  You may be thinking, "What a good and loyal dog!"  Well, he is, but in truth, I think he does it not to protect me, but so I will protect him!

Friday 3/4  I don't really know what this is.  Every March, it shows up on the door to my garage.  Joe makes it with a used match, and it has something to do with an Italian superstition, and the Ides of March.  He also chants some sort of incantation as he makes it.  And all this time you thought HE was the normal one.

Saturday 3/5  This is C at her basketball game.  She isn't shooting, but she is the other one in blue, facing the camera.  I've got to get a better camera that can take action shots before next season!  They won their game, but it was very close, and pretty exciting!

Sunday 3/6  This morning when I got up, you could see the grass.  I was hoping for a big melt by the end of the week.  Within the hour, it was snowing, and it just kept coming.  Hopefully this is the last big one of the season!  We pretty much holed up inside watching movies,and tried to pretend it wasn't happening!  Luckily for me, I had D to hug me and keep me warm!
Monday 3/7  we actually had a Snow Day today.  Only the 2nd one all year!  By afternoon, it was sunny, and we were all digging out.  D and I heard a woodpecker, and we tried to find it, but no luck.


Tuesday 3/8  It's Mardi Gras!  We celebrated with our tradition of eating dessert first at dinner.  This year's treat was brownie sundaes!  The bad news:  C stayed home sick from school today--fever last night.  Good student that she is, she was angry with me for keeping her home.  The good news:  I saw 2 robins today while walking Copper, and one later from my car.   I need these signs of Spring to help me get through Lent!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Jill Foster here! Your blog is so fun! Your family is adorable! :) Just wanted to answer your question about cleaning my stamps after stamping with india ink--I use a baby wipe immediately after stamping and that seems to work just fine. But I must admit, I'm not too picky about how my stamps look as long as they stamp clean. :) Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete