Monday, January 24, 2011

WEEK 4

 Tuesday, 1/18, this is my stylist, Sarah.  She has been doing my hair for several years, and she always does a nice job.  I toyed with taking the picture during the process, but this IS a family-friendly site!

 Wednesday, 1/19.  I signed C out of school for lunch, since I had been working the past 4 evenings, and hadn't seen her much.  We had a nice lunch at Panera, and even had time for a stop at Barnes and Noble before she went back to school, and I went to work.  (D gets home from school before I leave, so I do see more of him when I work.)

 Thursday, 1/20.  I found a website where you can create your own "Keep Calm" sign.  I created this one, printed it out, and hung it in the kitchen.  It is a joke, so go ahead and laugh, but it's life-saving advice on a REALLY BAD DAY!  ( we all have our own version of calm, don't we?)

 Friday, 1/21.  Tonight Joe and I watched the last episode of one of our favorite series.  A great show, but it had run its course.

 Saturday, 1/22.  We attended a pot-luck baby shower for a Chinese couple this afternoon.   It was hosted by a Japanese couple, and the food was absolutely fabulous.  We were sent home with several delectable items, but these little desserts were the only things that survived long enough to have a photo taken.  They were made from a sweet red bean curd paste, and rolled in coconut powder.  Delicious!

 Sunday, 1/23.  C and her friend asked me to take them to the mall for a shopping trip.  I think they had a lot of fun, and their big purchase was 2 oversized rings for $8.00.  These 2 are bargain hunters!  On the way home, they finally let me take their picture at the Syracuse/Orange Crush display at Wegman's.  Yes, on a daily basis I shop at the store Alec Baldwin made nationally famous  on the David Letterman show.  Probably not as good as Trader Joe's, but still a pretty darn good place to get your groceries!
Monday, 1/24.  Today was a good news/bad news sort of day.  D brought home a good report card, and these school photos.  Can you believe this boy?  You'd think he'd have learned by year 6 in this school!  His dad immediately took him for a haircut, and I scheduled the re-takes, but I had to record it for posterity.  BTW, I am all for self-expression, but the group that decides the school dress and appearance codes is not!

No comments:

Post a Comment